1/1 Photo of Philippine Stir-Fried Rice Noodles: Pansit Grisado(Vegetarian)
I have taken the liberty to change this recipe into a vegetarian one(except for the fish sauce). Hope you like it! :) Adapted from Cooking School Stories, Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -4 ounces vegetable oil, 1/4 cup (or more)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 ounces julienned Spanish onions (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 lb firm tofu, pressed, cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 ounces soy sauce (1/4 cup)
- 2 pints vegetable broth
- 1/2 ounce fish sauce
- 14 ounces carrots, washed, peeled and cut julienne (1 1/2-2 cups)
- 4 ounces celery, julienned (1/2 cup)
- 14 leaves green cabbage, washed and finely cut, chiffonade style (see below)
- 8 ounces vegetarian sausages, cut into strips, about 1 1/2 inches long
- 1 lb rice noodles, soaked in warm water (to cover)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 scallions, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped, as a garnish
- 2 lemons, washed, tips cut off, sliced into wedges, as a garnish
- 1Press tofu by cutting in half and placing paper towels on top, then placing a heavy cast iron skillet(or other heavy object) on top and pressing for 15-20 minutes, to squeeze out moisture. Cut tofu into 1 1/2" strips and roll in cornstarch to coat.
- 2In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and stir-fry until translucent.
- 3Add tofu and sear until tofu is browned.
- 4To make a chiffonade, stack the cabbage leaves one on top of the other and roll tightly. Cut in thin slices.
- 5Add soy sauce, vegetable broth, fish sauce, carrots, celery, cabbage, and vegetarian sausage to wok. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are al dente and wok is almost dry.
- 6Drain rice noodles, stir into wok and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-low heat with tofu and vegetables.
- 7Season, to taste, and serve immediately on a warmed plate. Garnish with scallions and a lemon wedge.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philippine Stir-Fried Rice Noodles: Pansit Grisado(Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (2471 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1799.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: