1/2 Photos of Philippine Mung Beans in Coconut Milk
1 hr 30 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
I think I would eat anything, as long as it was cooked in coconut milk (not an assertion I really want to test). This is from Sundays at Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dried mung beans
- 1 -1 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely minced
- 1 -2 small fresh chili pepper, minced
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped chard leaves
- 1Soak the beans in water for several hours or overnight. Drain, then cook them until tender (about 1 hour). Drain.
- 2While the beans are cooking, saute the onions in the oil with salt.
- 3When translucent, add ginger, chiles, and garlic. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- 4Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 5Combine the beans and the coconut milk mixture in a large pot. Add the soy sauce and chard, and cook until the chard wilts.
- 6Remove from heat and serve (I like it with rice).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philippine Mung Beans in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 433.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g