1/2 Photos of Philippine Mung Beans in Coconut Milk
1 hr 30 mins
Aunt Cookie's Note:
I think I would eat anything, as long as it was cooked in coconut milk (not an assertion I really want to test). This is from Sundays at Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups dried mung beans
- 1 -1 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely minced
- 1 -2 small fresh chili pepper, minced
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups finely chopped chard leaves
- 1Soak the beans in water for several hours or overnight. Drain, then cook them until tender (about 1 hour). Drain.
- 2While the beans are cooking, saute the onions in the oil with salt.
- 3When translucent, add ginger, chiles, and garlic. Simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- 4Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- 5Combine the beans and the coconut milk mixture in a large pot. Add the soy sauce and chard, and cook until the chard wilts.
- 6Remove from heat and serve (I like it with rice).
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philippine Mung Beans in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 433.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 37.3 g
- Protein 15.0 g