Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Most recipes I've seen calls for SO MANY ingredients... some say "From Scratch"... etc. etc.... but if you read further in to their recipe, they call for CANNED VEGETABLES. (That is NOT from scratch!) They they start by adding anything and everything that is left over in their spice racks. NOT GOOD. That's just experimenting! I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY THIS SIMPLE RECIPE!
- 4 (30 count) packages spring roll wrappers (SQUARE ones work BEST)
- 5 lbs ground beef
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 (12 ounce) bags bean sprouts (not alfalfa sprouts, BEAN SPROUTS)
- 6 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs (scrambled. You'll see why later.)
Original Lumpia Sauce
- 1 cup vinegar (DATU PUTI)
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed it has to be FRESH)
- salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef and drain all fat/oil.
- Add the onion powder and garlic powder. Stir.
- Add the frozen vegetables and the bean sprouts. COVER and let sit in medium heat, stirring every 10 minutes until veggies are soft. (The bean sprouts will then be transparent.).
- When all is done, put it in a strainer and DRAIN all excess liquid. Then ADD the salt and pepper to taste.
- Wait until the mixture cools (about 1 - 1 1/2 hours) and then proceed to wrap. (You can even wait to wrap until the next day, but remember to refrigerate it overnight!).
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture per wrap.
- Using the SQUARE wrapper, turn it towards you so it is like the shape of a diamond.
- Spoon in 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture 3 inches away from the corner towards the bottom corner of the wrapper (closest to you).
- FOLD the bottom corner over the mixture, and pull towards you to tighten the roll, then fold over ONCE.
- Fold over the right side, then the left, or vise versa, and continue to roll it. It's almost like wrapping a burrito.
- Seal the top corner with EGG.
- When all is done, DEEP FRY until golden brown.
- When DRAINING the oil from the lumpias, MAKE SURE THEY ARE DRAINING UPRIGHT. This prevents the Lumpias from getting soggy!
- Dip in the AUTHENTIC PHILIPPINE LUMPIA DIPPING SAUCE, or use your own favorite. Ketchup tastes pretty good with it too!