This is a very tasty appetizer or part of an Oriental meal. It takes a little time to make but well worth it. You will need a dumpling dough recipe to go with this recipe and instructions how to cook the dumplings. Use your own recipe or go to Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- steamed dumpling dough (Bergy Dim Sum #5, Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings, you may have to increase this recipe slightly)
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lard or 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Chinese sausage, minced
- 4 ounces chopped raw chicken
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons gherkins, chopped
- 1Fry the bacon until the fat runs.
- 2Remove from pan and add the lard (oil) and fry the garlic and onion until soft and golden Add sausage and bacon, partially cook.
- 3Add salt and pepper, tomato sauce, stir well.
- 4Lower heat cover and cook 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in the hard boiled eggs and gherkins.
- 6Allow to cool before filling dumplings.
- 7Follow instructions for Dim Sum #5 (Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings) to finish this recipe.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Philippine Empanadas Filling
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 640.6
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 402.0 mg
- Sodium 608.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 22.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: