Recipe by Bergy
This is a very tasty appetizer or part of an Oriental meal. It takes a little time to make but well worth it. You will need a dumpling dough recipe to go with this recipe and instructions how to cook the dumplings. Use your own recipe or go to Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings.
- steamed dumpling dough (Bergy Dim Sum #5, Bergy Dim Sum #5, Steamed Shrimp Dumplings, you may have to increase this recipe slightly)
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lard or 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Chinese sausage, minced
- 4 ounces chopped raw chicken
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons gherkins, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bacon until the fat runs.
- Remove from pan and add the lard (oil) and fry the garlic and onion until soft and golden Add sausage and bacon, partially cook.
- Add salt and pepper, tomato sauce, stir well.
- Lower heat cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in the hard boiled eggs and gherkins.
- Allow to cool before filling dumplings.
- Follow instructions for Dim Sum #5 (Recipe #11031) to finish this recipe.