Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from THE BEST OF COOKING by Arne Kruger & Annette Wolter ... Love the idea, name & make-ahead or emergency quick-fix! (Time shown does not include the 2 chilling periods & pls see note at end of prep) *Enjoy*
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 slices pumpernickel bread
- Mix 1st 5 ingredients & chill for 30 minutes.
- Crumble the pumpernickel bread as finely as possible. Form the cheese mixture into sml balls & coat w/the pumpernickel crumbs.
- Chill for a further 30 minutes & serve.
- NOTE: The recipe included this note - "These cheese balls may be frozen. Open freeze till solid, then pack in layers w/dividers in a rigid container. Allow to defrost to room temp when ready to serve.".
This is a very tasty appetizer! I followed the recipe closely (the only exception was that I used low fat cream cheese), and I wouldn't change anything the next time around. I used my hand-blender to make the bread into crumbs; I don't think I would have gotten small enough crumbs otherwise. I got 24 cheese balls out of this (each was the size of a rounded teaspoon). Thanks for sharing this recipe!