Recipe by Lightly Toasted
I know, I know......Velveeta on a pizza? There's a little local pizzeria here and the crusty old guy that owns the place says that this is they way they had pizza when he was growing up in Philly.
Top Review by Chef Dee214
I have been eating this same kind of pizza, but with English muffins (toasted first), since I was about 5 (30+ years ago). I still make them and I even got my husband loving the Velvetta on the little pizzas I make. I'm so glad you published this so that more people can see how delicious this realy is !
- 1 unbaked prepared pizza crust (I make mine in the bread machine)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared pizza sauce
- 1⁄2-1 lb Velveeta cheese, cheese thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pizza crust in the pan or stone that you are using.
- Arrange slices of Velveeta to cover crust within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Drizzle sauce evenly over Velveeta.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 450°F for approx 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Let sit for approx 10 minutes before slicing.