Recipe by mollypaul
A terrific tangy side to any type of meat. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 cup green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 cups cabbage, minced
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the minced vegetables and salt; let stand overnight.
- Rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Add mustard seed and brown sugar to the vinegar; heat to boiling.
- Pour over drained vegetables in a crock.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve within 3 days.