Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We love Tiramisu but I was always intimidated to make it until I found this recipe on the Kraft Website. It is so easy to make and delicious! You can substitute real Whipped cream for the Cool Whip for a more authentic taste if you like. You can also substiute Pound cake for the lady fingers. I use an extra tablespoon of Coffee and dip the Lady fingers for a stronger Coffee taste. I guess what I am trying to say is this recipe is very adaptable for individual tastes! Do not leave the liqour out though! lol
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers, split, divided
- 2 tablespoons maxwell house instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond flavored liqueur or 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Lite
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ARRANGE 1 pkg. of the ladyfingers on bottom of 13x9-inch dish. Dissolve instant coffee and 1 tablespoons sugar in boiling water. Brush 1/2 cup of the coffee mixture over ladyfingers in dish.
- BEAT cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1/2 cup sugar and liqueur, mixing until blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
- SPREAD one half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers; brush with remaining coffee. Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers. Dust with cocoa. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
I loved this recipe! I've always wanted to make tiramisu, but every recipe I come across has either raw eggs (too risky) or cooked eggs (too much work) in it. I used Sara Lee Pound Cake (couldn't find ladyfingers) and brandy, since that is what I already had. Unfortunately, I only put in 1 T. of brandy, and forgot to mix the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture (had to just spread it on top) and it still turned out great! Can't wait to make it again the right way! I think it would be even better!