Recipe by Mom2BreBre
This is a great cake to use for Strawberry Short Cake. It has a "velvety" texture.
Top Review by ChefCorky
This is very similar to the recipe from Rosie's Bakery All-Butter, Fresh Cream, Sugar-Packed, No-Holds-Barred Baking Book by Judy Rosenberg. This recipe is the best! I have served it plain, with a slight dusting of powdered sugar and with a tart Lemon Butter Mousse with Blueberries.
- 3⁄4 lb butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- All ingredients (including eggs and cream cheese) must be at room temperature.
- Cream butter well, add cream cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add flour gradually, then add vanilla flavor.
- Place cake in tube pan in COLD oven.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (163 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours (gas oven 1 hour)[from the time you turn on the oven].
- Note: The longer the cream cheese, butter, and eggs sit at room temperature, the better the cake (ingredients can be left out over night).