Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
from Kraft NOTE: After this is baked, it needs to cool on the counter and then put into the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed (about 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened (four 8-oz. packages)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled (Baker's brand)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan.
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Remove one cup of the batter and set aside.
- Stir melted chocolate into remaining batter in large bowl; pour over crust. Top with spoonfuls of the remaining 1 one cup plain batter; cut through batters with a knife several times for swirling effect.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Use foil handles to life cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.
- Store any leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator.