Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy, cheesy enchiladas and my husbands favorite! Need a safe place to store it!
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces salsa, divided
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese, and 1/2 cup salsa in saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a lightly gresed 12X8 inch baking dish.
- Stir Velveeta ( I use Aldi brand)and 1/4 cup milk in saucepan on low heat until cheese is melted. Pour sauce over tortillas; cover with foil which has been lightly sprayed on the underside with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Pour remaining salsa over the top.
- I serve with sour cream, extra salsa, and tortilla chips.
- The prep time is an estimate; if you keep precooked, chopped chicken on hand the prep time is next to nothing.
This filling is so yummy! One thing I didn't care for were the hunks of bell pepper here. Next time I make it, I will substitute green chilies, perhaps. Thanks for sharing!
We loved this recipe! It was the first time I have made enchiladas and I will be making it often now! The only thing I did different was use shredded cheddar instead of Velveeta. This was so simple, thank you!
Very creamy and cheesy...it couldn't be any more simple and the taste was great! I used chopped up chicken breast and a Wal MArt brand salsa. I only used about half of my green pepper and it was plenty for me. I had left over Rotel/cheese dip from the night before so I used that for the topping. I also had some extra tortilla chips and sour cream. This was divine and different than my other chicken enchilada recipes...this will be put in rotation for sure.