Prep 7 mins
Cook 8 mins
They are very good and easy to make--enjoy!
- 1 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 inches French rolls
- 1 lb thinly sliced roast beef (from the deli)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Cook onion and pepper in butter until tender.
- Then add 3 tablespoons ketchup and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Split rolls almost all the way through.
- Layer meat and pepper mixture on rolls.
- Place on baking sheet and broil 5 inched from heat until cheese is melted. Close sandwich and eat.
Quick, easy and it hits the spot. I used leftover round steak, sliced thin; canned, mild, chile peppers, mozzarella cheese and regular bread. Thanks for the recipe!
Delicious! I did use frozen philly-style steaks instead of the roast beef. I think next time I will seek out some hot peppers to put on it also!
Yummy!! Very easy to make and they are so good. Next time I'll add some sliced mushrooms. As my oldest ds say "It's a keeper"!! Sheila, thanks for posting this recipe