Recipe by Izzy Knight
Authentic, unforgetable taste for the true believers of cheese and steak
Top Review by Petite Mommy
Wow! Thanks, Izzy! I made this to impress my Philly husband. He loved it! I sauteed onions, mushrooms and green peppers first, placed in a warm oven, them prepared the beef. I bought a roast that I sliced thin but I now know that a meat slicer would have been helpful (but not required). I served with warmed Cheez Whiz, and ketchup on Italian bread. Absolutely incredible!
- 24 ounces thin sliced rib eye steaks or 24 ounces roll steaks
- 6 tablespoons soya oil
- cheese (Cheez Whiz works best)
- 4 crusty italian rolls
- 1 large Spanish onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat an iron skillet or a non stick pan over medium heat.
- Add3 table spoons of oil to the pan and sauté the onions to desired doneness.
- Remove the onions.
- Ddd the remaining oil and sauté the slices of meat quickly on both sides.
- Melt the cheez Whiz® in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Place 6ozs of the meat into the rolls.
- Add onions, and pour the Cheez Whiz® over top.
- Garnish with hot or fried sweet peppers, mushrooms, ketchup.