Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Recipe from Philadelphia Brand cream cheese.
Make and share this Philadelphia Brownie Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (13x9 inch pan size)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 eggs
- 4 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted & cooled slightly
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with the foil extending over the sides of the pan.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine brownie mix, oil, water and 2 eggs.
- Spread brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the top of brownie is shiny and center is almost set.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed until well blended.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Add the final 3 eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each egg just until well blended.
- Pour over partially baked brownie in the pan. (Filling will come almost to top of the pan).
- BAKE 40 minutes or until center is almost set and let cool.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil handles.
- Drizzle with chocolate and let stand until chocolate is firm.
- Cut into 16 pieces.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
This is a simple recipe that is quick to put together and very tasty too. Use a good quality brownie mix and this will impress people without much effort.
I made this for work the other day and put it in a 9" springform pan. I baked the brownie for 25 min, drizzled with carmel and pecans and then put the cheesecake mixture over top and baked for 60 min. It came out perfect and was so delicious. It is a very easy recipe to make.
These are the best! Often requested and never lasting long. I have been making them since finding the recipe in the Kraft magazine. I popped on here to get the recipe. I make my brownies from scratch and found that baking the brownie portion about 2/3 of the total time is perfect. Thanks for the putting the recipe up here.