Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of my favorite snack (rather have this then a candy bar). They are sweet and good! You could leave out the eggs and just have pickle beets (if that's the case use a few cans of beets). Let them sit in frig and the better they would get.
- 1 1⁄4 cups apple cider vinegar (or regular if you don't have apple cider vinegar)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed (sometimes I mix brown and white)
- 1 cup beet juice (you can add water to make it one cup)
- 5 -8 whole cloves
- 1 small onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can beets (~15 oz, either sliced or chunks or whole beets)
- 12 eggs
- Hard-boil Eggs (then take shells off).
- Place (stager) the eggs and beets (onions) in a wide-mouth glass jar (I like to recycle my old pickle jars).
- In a saucepan heat vinegar, sugar, beet juice, cloves. Bring to a boil, stir, simmer for ~20 minutes.
- Add juice to the jars (fill to top, covering eggs).
- Place in refrigerator, wait at least 24 hours then enjoy (will last for weeks in frig unless you know how to can).