Recipe by Mille®
This was requested in the "Request a Recipe" forum. I did not have such a recipe, so I telephoned Mr. Bury and asked him if he had one. He said, "Yes, I do. In fact, I have one that I entered in my own Bake-Off Contest." What a stroke of luck!
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (8-inch or 9-inch)
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (7 ounce) can mexicorn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup soda cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet bell chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- cumin, to taste,optional
- 4 stuffed green olives, sliced
- 6 slices crisp bacon, if desired
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- ---To Make The Filling---.
- Beat the egg slightly in a mixing bowl.
- Add the ground beef, corn, cracker crumbs, chili sauce, sweet pepper flakes, onion, oregano, and cumin; mix well.
- Press the meat mixture firmly into a pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 20-25 minutes.
- ---To Make The Topping---.
- While the filling is baking, mix the topping ingredients.
- When the filling is baked, spread the mixture on top of the baked filling; top with sliced olives and crumbled bacon, if desired.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let the pie stand for about 10 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving.