Recipe by Mel T
This is a fabulously moist carrot cake that my family has been making for over 25 years. I'm not sure where the original recipe comes from but I really, really appreciate the person who thought this up! It is an extremely quick and easy cake to make, but everyone will rave! For an even more decadent treat, frost the cake with your favourite cream cheese frosting.
Top Review by sheena2
OMG...this is a moist and delicious cake that you can make at the last minute that will guarantee you rave reviews. After taking cake out of the oven, immediately place in freezer for 45 minutes. Then it's time to ice. Of course with cream cheese icing. Everyone will be asking for the recipe. When trying new recipes, I do heavily rely on reviews. Afterall who has the time to waste. The most time consuming part is chopping up the carrots...after that it's a snap...but well worth the efforts. I added coursely chopped walnuts and about 1 tsp of cinnamon. If you like this carrot cake I would suggest you try the Banana Cake. It's equally outstanding. Both are well worth your time. I will definitely be making these cakes again and again. Enjoy.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 10 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and gradually add sugar.
- Continue beating and add oil and vanilla.
- Add carrots, pineapple, and coconut.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Note: This recipe works just as well for muffins!