Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry: These kabobs are sooo flavorful and will absolutely melt in your mouth!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 large pineapple, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (specifically balsamic)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- Place chicken pieces in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- In a medium bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, A1, mayonnaise, hoison sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chickin in ziploc bag, seal, then gently "massage" chicken to distribute sauce evenly.
- Place bag of chicken in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature.
- For each skewer, gently slide a chicken, a bell pepper, a onion, a pineapple (do this twice, in the same order on each skewer).
- In a small sauce pan, add 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, 1 1/2 Tbsp hoison and 1 1/2 Tbsp A1. Bring to a boil, sirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Brush sauce on all skewers. (Save remaining sauce to use as dipping sauce).
- Heat grill (brush racks lightly with olive oil, to help skewers from sticking).
- Place skewers on grill, close lid and cook for 7 minutes, then turn skewers and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove skewers from grill. Serve over a bed of brown rice, drizzle warm sauce over skewers and rice.
Very tasty Kabobs... The chicken was full of flavor and the sauce made this dish amazing!
So much flavor! People kept coming back for more and more!
Awesome! So tender, melts in your mouth!