- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 large pineapple, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (specifically balsamic)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- In a medium bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, A1, mayonnaise, hoison sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika.
- Pour mixture over chickin in ziploc bag, seal, then gently "massage" chicken to distribute sauce evenly.
- Place bag of chicken in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature.
- For each skewer, gently slide a chicken, a bell pepper, a onion, a pineapple (do this twice, in the same order on each skewer).
- In a small sauce pan, add 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, 1 1/2 Tbsp hoison and 1 1/2 Tbsp A1. Bring to a boil, sirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Brush sauce on all skewers. (Save remaining sauce to use as dipping sauce).
- Heat grill (brush racks lightly with olive oil, to help skewers from sticking).
- Place skewers on grill, close lid and cook for 7 minutes, then turn skewers and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove skewers from grill. Serve over a bed of brown rice, drizzle warm sauce over skewers and rice.