1/2 Photos of Phena's Asian Chicken Kabobs #A1
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry: These kabobs are sooo flavorful and will absolutely melt in your mouth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks (as large as you can find)
- 1 large pineapple, rind removed, cut into chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (specifically balsamic)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 dash smoked paprika
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes
- 1Place chicken pieces in a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, A1, mayonnaise, hoison sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika.
- 3Pour mixture over chickin in ziploc bag, seal, then gently "massage" chicken to distribute sauce evenly.
- 4Place bag of chicken in refrigerator and let marinate for at least 1 hour.
- 5Remove chicken from refrigerator, allow it to come to room temperature.
- 6For each skewer, gently slide a chicken, a bell pepper, a onion, a pineapple (do this twice, in the same order on each skewer).
- 7In a small sauce pan, add 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce, 1 1/2 Tbsp hoison and 1 1/2 Tbsp A1. Bring to a boil, sirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat. Brush sauce on all skewers. (Save remaining sauce to use as dipping sauce).
- 9Heat grill (brush racks lightly with olive oil, to help skewers from sticking).
- 10Place skewers on grill, close lid and cook for 7 minutes, then turn skewers and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- 11Remove skewers from grill. Serve over a bed of brown rice, drizzle warm sauce over skewers and rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Phena's Asian Chicken Kabobs #A1
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 1247.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce