This has always been our recipe of choice when it's time to Pheasant hunt. Now with Zaar! there are lots for us to choose from. Thought I would pass on another recipe. Please try it! I think you'll also love to make it during Bird Season! It's like who has only one chicken recipe!!
- Cut pheasant into quarters.
- Dredge pieces in flour.
- Melt butter in oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pheasant, and cook until browned on both sides, turning once.
- Add onion and next 7 ingredients.
- Put oven-safe skillet in oven.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove pheasant from skillet, and keep warm.
- Cook pan drippings in skillet over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 cups.
- Serve with pheasant and rice.