Recipe by Chef Tom #2
Delicious recipe with sautéed onions and mushrooms.
Top Review by teresas
This is really good...but I did add in some seasoning...salt, pepper and dried basil...and a touch of white wine...I cut the recipe way down...I used a quarter of the ingredients to make dinner for two...using two pheasant breast...served the yummy sauce over the rice...the pheasant came out nice and tender...this would have received 5 stars if there had been some seasoning listed in the ingredients...other wise it was on the bland side...so make sure and season it up...=)
- 2 lbs pheasants
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups olive oil
- 3 large onions
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil and butter in frying pan.Cut pheasant into leg and breast pieces.
- Roll pheasant in flour and brown in frying pan for 5 minutes turning once.
- Remove pheasant from oil and butter. Chop onions into 3/4" pieces.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in same pan until brown.
- Add pheasant on top of mushrooms and onions, pour chicken broth over pheasant, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice and asparagus.