1/2 Photos of Pheasant Nuggets-Deep Fried and Delicious!
Every pheasant hunting season I make up a batch of these yummy little nuggets of goodness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole pheasant breast (preferably AFTER they've been defeathered and cleaned by DH)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- peanut oil (for frying)
- salt, for sprinkling on after frying-
- seafood cocktail sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
- 1Cut breasts into bite-sized nuggets.
- 2Put flour on a paper plate.(makes for quick and easy cleanup).
- 3Put bread crumbs on a separate paper plate.
- 4mix eggs and milk in a shallow dish, such as a pie tin.
- 5Dip each nugget in flour, shake off excess.
- 6Dip in egg/milk mixture.
- 7Dip in bread crumb mixture.
- 8Set each breaded nugget aside, on a clean paper plate.
- 9Heat oil to 350°F in a heavy pot or cast iron skillet.
- 10Fry nuggets, a few at a time until golden.
- 11Remove to paper towel covered plate.
- 12Sprinkle with salt.
- 13Serve with cocktail sauce or honey mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pheasant Nuggets-Deep Fried and Delicious!
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.4
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 215.5 mg
- Sodium 890.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 55.4 g