Every pheasant hunting season I make up a batch of these yummy little nuggets of goodness.
Make and share this Pheasant Nuggets-Deep Fried and Delicious! recipe from Food.com.
- 4 whole pheasant breast (preferably AFTER they've been defeathered and cleaned by DH)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- peanut oil (for frying)
- salt, for sprinkling on after frying-
- seafood cocktail sauce or honey mustard, for dipping
- Cut breasts into bite-sized nuggets.
- Put flour on a paper plate.(makes for quick and easy cleanup).
- Put bread crumbs on a separate paper plate.
- mix eggs and milk in a shallow dish, such as a pie tin.
- Dip each nugget in flour, shake off excess.
- Dip in egg/milk mixture.
- Dip in bread crumb mixture.
- Set each breaded nugget aside, on a clean paper plate.
- Heat oil to 350°F in a heavy pot or cast iron skillet.
- Fry nuggets, a few at a time until golden.
- Remove to paper towel covered plate.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with cocktail sauce or honey mustard sauce.