Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 hrs
I got this recipe in a little old town in Nebraska at a wild game feed. This was about the only thing I liked there.
- Put pheasant in large kettle and cover with water.
- Add salt and cover, cook until phesant is done.
- Remove phesant, skin, debone and put pheasant back in kettle.
- Drain liquid from kettle and discard.
- Add 1 carton of broth to the kettle.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT noodles.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles.
- Add more broth to cover noodles and cook till noodles are soft.
- This is also good with chicken instead of pheasant.
I do have to say that my house smelled like Thanksgiving all day while the pheasant cooked...but really...11 hrs total is a bit much...unless that includes the hunt...so I let mine simmer about 2 hrs or until the meat was falling off the bones...I used the legs and thighs...the cooking liquid was used as the broth...it did taste bland so added in a few spices...poultry seasoning and thyme...also a chicken bouillon cube...overall a very tasty soup...thanks for posting it...=)