1/1 Photo of Pheasant Mulligan With Dumplings
1 hr 15 mins
A savory stew for you hunters. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pheasants
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups onions, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1Clean pheasants, cut into serving portions and cover with water in stockpot.
- 2Add carrots, onions, and cabbage; cook slowly until nearly tender.
- 3Add potatoes and butter; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 5Make dumplings; sift flour baking powder and salt together.
- 6Beat egg, add milk and stir into dry ingredients.
- 7Drop by spoonfuls into the hot stew and cover the pot tightly.
- 8Cook for 15 minutes without lifting the cover.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pheasant Mulligan With Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 176.0 mg
- Sodium 435.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 51.8 g