Cook1 hr 10 mins
Another pheasant recipe posted for a request. This comes from The Poultry and Game Cookbook.
Make and share this Pheasant in Sharp Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the first butter with the oil in a heavy, lidded pan.
- Brown the pheasants on all sides.
- Season lightly with the salt and black pepper.
- Add the stock, vinegar, cayenne or red pepper and bring to simmering point.
- Cover and cook gently for 50-60 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer the pheasants to a heated serving dish and keep hot while you finish the sauce.
- Work the butter and flour together and gradually whisk small pieces into the stock, stirring constantly until it has all been absorbed.
- Stir in the sherry and adjust the seasoning.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, then spoon over the pheasants and serve.
jesus cut the cook time by at least 20 minutes. the pheasant was so dry it squeeked. sauce was good but that cook time just reinforced why people hate wild game
This was excellent! I will try it next with chicken breasts and add morels...
DH and I both thought this was excellent!! We both went back for seconds on the sauce. The pheasant came out moist and tender. The flavor was every bit as good as the ingredients leads you to believe. I will be making this again. Thanks, JanRoundOz for posting.