1/2 Photos of Pheasant in Sharp Sauce
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Another pheasant recipe posted for a request. This comes from The Poultry and Game Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 pheasant, trussed
- fresh ground black pepper
- 14 fluid ounces chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons dry sherry
- white pepper
- 1Melt the first butter with the oil in a heavy, lidded pan.
- 2Brown the pheasants on all sides.
- 3Season lightly with the salt and black pepper.
- 4Add the stock, vinegar, cayenne or red pepper and bring to simmering point.
- 5Cover and cook gently for 50-60 minutes, until tender.
- 6Transfer the pheasants to a heated serving dish and keep hot while you finish the sauce.
- 7Work the butter and flour together and gradually whisk small pieces into the stock, stirring constantly until it has all been absorbed.
- 8Stir in the sherry and adjust the seasoning.
- 9Simmer for 2 minutes, then spoon over the pheasants and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pheasant in Sharp Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.9
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 224.0 mg
- Sodium 391.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 64.4 g