1/3 Photos of Pheasant in Orange Sauce
Monica in PA's Note:
I was at a loss when my hunter DH came home with lots of pheasant for me to cook. A family friend gave me this recipe and it is DELICIOUS!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash pheasant and pat dry.
- 2Sprinkle on both sides with paprika.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and cook pheasant on both sides till browned.
- 4Add more butter if needed.
- 5Mix water and bouillon and pour over pheasant.
- 6Lower heat and cover and simmer for thirty minutes until tender.
- 7Add water if needed and turn meat several times.
- 8Combine remaining ingredients.
- 9Let liquid on pheasant cook away and then baste orange sauce over the meat.
- 10Simmer uncovered and baste frequently for 10-15 minutes.
- 11Serves 2. Great served with rice.
Browse Our Top Pheasant Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pheasant in Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.6
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 314.5 mg
- Sodium 304.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 91.3 g