My husband and father-in-law love pheasant.
Make and share this Pheasant in a Crock recipe from Food.com.
- Put the thyme, parsley, and crushed garlic inside the pheasant.
- Tuck the garlic slices between the legs and body.
- Season the pheasant with the salt and pepper.
- Remove the zest from the orange in long, thick, curly strips; lay them over the breast.
- Wrap the breast with the bacon and put the pheasant in a slow cooker.
- Halve the orange and squeeze the juice all over the bird.
- Put one of the squeezed orange halves in the cavity.
- Drizzle the pheasant with olive oil and broth.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 ½-5 hours until the meat is tender and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thigh registers 180°.
- Serve the pheasant on a platter, with the juices poured over.