Recipe by Satisfied Kris
Posted in response to a request. This was my grandmother's recipe for pheasant. We had/have a lot of hunters in the family and this was the best recipe for pheasant. I'm guessing on the serving size for 3 pheasants.
- 3 pheasants, split
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute pheasants in butter 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and saute mushrooms in butter remaining in skillet 10 minutes Return pheasant to skillet.
- Add wine, lemon juice, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- NOTE: If oven is used- Bake at 375 degrees for about 2 hours.