Cook1 hr 25 mins
Posted in response to a request. This was my grandmother's recipe for pheasant. We had/have a lot of hunters in the family and this was the best recipe for pheasant. I'm guessing on the serving size for 3 pheasants.
- Saute pheasants in butter 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and saute mushrooms in butter remaining in skillet 10 minutes Return pheasant to skillet.
- Add wine, lemon juice, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- NOTE: If oven is used- Bake at 375 degrees for about 2 hours.