Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This version sub's out full fats for low fats, and still leaves lots of flavour!
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup toasted rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons reduced fat margarine, melted
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 350°F Blend sour cream, applesauce and egg white; set aside. In a seperate bowl combine flour, rhubarb, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine flour mix with sour cream mix, just until moistened. Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Combine all ingredients with a fork and spoon onto each muffin then bake for 25 min's (if not done at this time put back for another 5 minutes) Remember to do the toothpick test!