Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I have not made it yet and may update if I think it is necessary.
- 4 cups flour, Unbleached, Unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon allspice, Ground
- black pepper, As Desired
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, No Margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder and spices together.
- Heat honey and butter until butter melts.
- Cool to lukewarm and beat in eggs.
- Add flour mixture.
- Chill dough 1/2 hour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- Cool Cookies on wire racks.
- Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, and water to form a thin glaze.
- Dip cookies in glaze and place on wire rack to dry.
- Store cookies in airtight tins.