Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour I have not tried this recipe yet. Times are estimated.
Make and share this Pfannkuchen (Pancakes With Apples) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 tart apples
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make a batter of the eggs, flour, salt, nutmeg and milk by puréeing them in a blender until smooth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy 10-inch cast-iron skillet until it is bubbly.
- Pour batter into the skillet and put the skillet on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake until edges are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Meantime, quarter, core and peel the apples and thinly slice them.
- Heat the remaining butter in another large skillet, add the slices, sprinkle with sugar, and sauté over high heat until apples are browned.
- Spread them over the pancake, make a row of lemon slices across the top, and sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Tasty and filling! I did add cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. The lemons are great to please the eye but really not needed. Nice to se my Husband have a pancake without (tons) of syrup! Thanks for posting this recipe!
Excellent! The pancake was a wonderful consistency, and the apples pulled it all together. (I didn't use the lemon slices; personal preference.) This made an excellent Shrove Tuesday dinner, and it'll make excellent breakfasts in the Sundays to come! -j
Very easy and delicious! I made these for supper the other night for something different.