Recipe by katie in the UP
Posted for the Zaar World Tour I have not tried this recipe yet. Times are estimated.
Top Review by Rita~
Tasty and filling! I did add cinnamon and nutmeg to the apples. The lemons are great to please the eye but really not needed. Nice to se my Husband have a pancake without (tons) of syrup! Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 tart apples
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make a batter of the eggs, flour, salt, nutmeg and milk by puréeing them in a blender until smooth.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy 10-inch cast-iron skillet until it is bubbly.
- Pour batter into the skillet and put the skillet on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake until edges are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- Meantime, quarter, core and peel the apples and thinly slice them.
- Heat the remaining butter in another large skillet, add the slices, sprinkle with sugar, and sauté over high heat until apples are browned.
- Spread them over the pancake, make a row of lemon slices across the top, and sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.