1/4 Photos of Pfannkuchen (Pancakes With Apples)
katie in the UP's Note:
Posted for the Zaar World Tour I have not tried this recipe yet. Times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Make a batter of the eggs, flour, salt, nutmeg and milk by puréeing them in a blender until smooth.
- 3Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter in a heavy 10-inch cast-iron skillet until it is bubbly.
- 4Pour batter into the skillet and put the skillet on the top rack of the oven.
- 5Bake until edges are browned and crisp, about 20 minutes.
- 6Meantime, quarter, core and peel the apples and thinly slice them.
- 7Heat the remaining butter in another large skillet, add the slices, sprinkle with sugar, and sauté over high heat until apples are browned.
- 8Spread them over the pancake, make a row of lemon slices across the top, and sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pfannkuchen (Pancakes With Apples)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 220.5 mg
- Sodium 518.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g