Delicious and easy, this traditional recipe comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spread butter over bottom and sides of an unheated 10" skillet.
- 3Sift flour and salt together.
- 4Beat eggs thoroughly; add flour alternatively with milk a little at a time.
- 5Beat until smooth and pour batter into prepared frying pan.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- 7The pancake should puff up at the sides and be crisp and golden.
- 8Sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon juice; roll up like an omelet.
- 9Serve on a hot platter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pfannkuchen - Dutch Pancake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 231.0 mg
- Sodium 416.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g