Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and easy, this traditional recipe comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice (fresh is best)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread butter over bottom and sides of an unheated 10" skillet.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat eggs thoroughly; add flour alternatively with milk a little at a time.
- Beat until smooth and pour batter into prepared frying pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- The pancake should puff up at the sides and be crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon juice; roll up like an omelet.
- Serve on a hot platter.