Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and easy, this traditional recipe comes from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread butter over bottom and sides of an unheated 10" skillet.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Beat eggs thoroughly; add flour alternatively with milk a little at a time.
- Beat until smooth and pour batter into prepared frying pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
- The pancake should puff up at the sides and be crisp and golden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and lemon juice; roll up like an omelet.
- Serve on a hot platter.