Valerie in Florida's Note:
Very hearty soup !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the soup
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb small to medium shrimp, deveined with tails off
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped scallion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 6 cups chicken stock (I use 8 cups)
for the wontons
- 1Bring chicken stock to a rolling boil, then add all the ingredients.
- 2Cook until chicken and shrimp are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- 3FOR WONTONS.
- 4In a bowl, mix the pork, ground shrimp, brown sugar, rice wine or sherry, soy sauce, scallions and chopped ginger.
- 5Blend well and set aside for 25-30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- 6Place 1 tsp of the filling in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- 7Wet the edges of each wonton with a little water and press them together with your fingers to seal, then fold each wnton over.
- 8To cook, add wontons to the boiling chicken stock and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 9Transfer to individual soup bowls and serve.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pf Changs Wonton Soup
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.9
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 156.9 mg
- Sodium 1347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: