Recipe by Tina
Copycat PF Channg's. Have you ever try popular Szechuan spicy green beans like PF Chang's, this stir fried green beans with fiery chili sauce and garlic won’t let you down.
Top Review by bpacheco86
Mmm... great recipe, thanks! Note: Sichuan/Szechuan peppercorns are not like red pepper flakes, but rather more like whole black peppercorns (though not at all related). You can find Sichuan peppercorns in any Asian market, or online. Be careful, they pack a mouth-numbing punch and should never be consumed raw.
- 1 lb green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons szechuan peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and trim green beans, set aside.
- Mix sauces in a bowl well.
- Pour water in wok, heat over high heat until bubbling, boil green bean for 3-5 minutes until crispy tender. Remove and drain.
- Heat cooking oil hot in wok over high heat, stir in ginger and garlic until aromatic, combine green bean, stir constantly until beans are soft about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine sauce mixture, stir around until the sauce is thicken and glazes the bean.
- Transfer and serve spicy green bean with cooked rice.