1/3 Photos of Pf Changs Great Wall of Chocolate Cake
2 hrs 30 mins
A copycat recipe from PF Changs...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 2Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter 2 - 9" round cake pans. LIne the bottoms of the pans with circles of baking parchment or wax paper. Dust the sides of the pans with flour and tap out the excess.
- 3In a microwave-sage bowl, melt the chocolate on High for 1 to 2 minutes, or until melted, stirring halfway through cooking. Set the chocolate aside to cool to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl, stir the flour, baking powder and salt together with a whisk.
- 5In another large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until combined. Beat in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract. One at a time, add the eggs, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and milk in thirds, beating until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pans and spread evenly. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of each layer comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully invert the cake layers onto the rack and cool completely.
- 6To make Frosting:.
- 7Place the chocolate into a large bowl.
- 8In a saucepan, bring the cream, rspberry jam, butter and salt just to a boil. Pour over the chocolate and let it stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth, then mix in the vanilla extract.
- 9Cover with plastic wrap and let the frosing thicken overnight at room temperature or refrigerate it for no longer then 1 1/2 hours.
- 10To assemble Cake:.
- 11Place one layer on a serving plate, Spread frosing over the cake and top with the second cake layer. Frost the outside of the cake first, then the top.
- 12Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pf Changs Great Wall of Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 184.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g