Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Directly from their web site
- 2 ounces soy sauce
- 1 ounce cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 ounces chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 ounce minced green onion
- 4 ounces cooked ground chicken
- 14 ounces cooked egg noodles
- bean sprouts
- julienne cucumber
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat wok. Add one teaspoons of oil. Sear chili paste, garlic, and minced green onion for 5 seconds to release flavors.
- Add cooked ground chicken and sear, stirring and tossing for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Add sauce mixture and simmer for 20 seconds. Add egg noodles to boiling water and heat for 5 to 10 seconds. Remove noodles from water and place in strainer. Move to serving plate.
- Thicken chicken and sauce with a mixture of corn starch and water (equal parts). Consistency should be a very thick sauce to stand on top of the noodles. Pour over center of noodles.
- Garnish with bean sprouts and julienne cucumbers.
I LOVE PF Chang's Dan Dan Noodles and my husband wanted to surprise me and try out this recipe! I think it was about as close to the PF Chang recipe as it can get! We added almost 5 times the amount of chili paste because we like our dan dan FIERY.
Great recipe. FYI we made this vegetarian by using Morningstar farms "ground beef" and vegan oyster sauce. It turned out very well.
These were terrific. My husband and I are fighting to see who will get the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I left out the oyster sauce, b/c I never have it in the house. Everything else, I did as written. These were so good. I can't say how authentic they were, as I haven't had the restuarant version in a long time, but they were so gosh darn good. We will eat them often. Thanks for posting.