Parrot Head Mama's Note:
This is a copycat recipe from PF Chang's China Bistro. We don't have a PF Chang's anywhere near us, and my sister had a craving, so I hunted this one up on the 'net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine or 2 teaspoons red wine
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil or 5 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushroom, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) package chinese cellophane noodles, cooked to pkg. directions
- 1Mix all ingredients for "cooking sauce" and set aside.
- 2In medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Add chicken and stir to coat thoroughly. Stir in 1 t. oil and let sit for 15 minutes.
- 3Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 3 T. oil, then add chicken and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- 4Add 2 T. oil to the pan. Add ginger, garlic, and onion and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and wter chestnutsl stir-fry an additional 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan. Add mixed cooking sauce to the pan. Cook until thickened and hot. Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces and cover bottom of serving dish with them. THen pour chicken mixture on top of noodles. Serve along side lettuce leaves for everyone to take what they want, and then spoon into lettuce leaf and roll (like a burrito) individually themselves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pf Chang's Chicken-Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.8 mg
- Sodium 858.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: