Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from a 1963 Betty Crocker Cooky Book. It refrigerates beautifully for future cookie making!
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly. Add vanilla. Stir in flour and salt.
- Mold in rolls about 2 inches across. Wrap in waxed paper, then plastic wrap tightly. Chill several hours or overnight (or until needed straight out of the frig).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place a little apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.