Recipe by Tulip-Fairy
This was known as the traditional bridal cake for Scotland. But have used it as our Christmas Biscuit recipe for as long as I can remember. One of my Dad's favourites
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl, rub in butter.
- Knead well to form a smooth paste.
- Divide into two equal parts, shape and flatten into 2 x 7" rounds, approximately 1/2 " thick.
- Mark top into portions, decorate edges and prick with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 30 mins at 160c, 325F Gas mark 3 or until pale and golden.