Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Petroleum jelly is easy to make and it is an ingredient of many other products. Naturalists may substitute a natural oil, such as grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil for the baby or mineral oil to create an "un-petroleum jelly."
- 1 ounce beeswax
- 1⁄2 cup baby oil or 1⁄2 cup mineral oil
- Melt the beeswax in a microwave or a double boiler.
- Stir in the mineral oil.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir until cool.
- Put in clean container and cover with lid.
- (See how easy that was!).
Made this up for My 3 Chefs using mineral oil. This is an easy and pretty inexpensive way to make up your own petroleum jelly without paying those high store prices. Well worth the tiny bit of effort to make your own. Thank you for sharing this recipe.