Recipe by Manami
Tomato, ginger and jalapeño are an excellent combination -- the combination of spicy ginger, sweet tomatoes, and jalapeño are only improved when served with char-grilled sirloins. Since the steaks are small they cook quickly. The potatoes are a great side for the steaks. CuisineAtHome.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved, divided
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (not the bottled kind)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons jalapenos, seeded minced
- 4 (6 ounce) top sirloin steaks, seasoned with
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced (green parts only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high.
- Simmer 1 cup of the tomatoes, onion, sugar or splenda, vinegar, ginger, garlic, in saucepan over medium-high heat stirring often, 12 minutes.
- Add lime juice and tomato, return to a boil & simmer 3 minutes or until thickened to jam consistency.
- Stir in remaining tomatoes, jalapeño and salt.
- Set chutney aside.
- Grill steaks 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium.
- ROASTED DIJON POTATOES:.
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Toss the potatoes, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium high, then add the potatoes and saute 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Whisk vinegar and Dijon mustard together in the same bowl.
- When potatoes are done, add them to the dressing and toss to coat.
- Stir in scallions, serve with steaks with gingered tomato chutney.