Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe also in Georgia Living Magazine. It is both elegant and delicious. The author of the recipe is Norma Grizzle. Preparation time includes baking time. Can be made ahead and heated in microwave for service. NOTE: If serving for a buffet like Thanksgiving, you can stretch and have 12 servings -one potato per person.
- 12 red potatoes, petite
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup leek (white and green parts, sliced and chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (Applewood Smoked is best)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- While potatoes are baking, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and blot dry. Chop into small dice and place in large bowl.
- Pour leeks into skillet with remaining bacon fat and cook 10 minutes over medium low heat until softened. Place in bowl with bacon.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl.
- When potatoes are done, remove from the oven.
- Slice a small bit of the ends so potatoes will stand upright.
- Cut off the tops of the potatoes and remove potato insides to leave shells.
- Mix potato innards with leeks mixture, stirring to combine.
- Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Stuff back into shells and serve.
- Note: Keep warm in low oven if not immediately served or reheat in microwave 3-4 minutes.