Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very flavorful appetizer, the presentation is beautiful to behold. Can be made ahead. This is an adopted recipe!
- PARMESAN BASKETS:.
- Preheat oven to 325° degrees F.
- Place a mounded tablespoon of grated cheese onto a non-stick cookie sheet or Silpat; pat gently into a 2-inch circle.
- Repeat with remaining cheese, allowing 1 - 2 inches between circles. Bake one cookie sheet at a time in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden.
- Cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute. Remove with a spatula and gently drape over inverted 1-3/4-inch muffin tins or press each one into the hollow of a clean empty egg carton.
- They may be made ahead of time and covered at room temperature.
- GOAT CHEESE MOUSSE:.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. This may be refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
- To serve, carefully spoon the mousse into the parmesan baskets or fill a pastry bag with the mousse and pipe it into the baskets.
- Garnish with minced thyme.