This is a very flavorful appetizer, the presentation is beautiful to behold. Can be made ahead. This is an adopted recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, coarsely grated
GOAT CHEESE MOUSSE
- 1PARMESAN BASKETS:.
- 2Preheat oven to 325° degrees F.
- 3Place a mounded tablespoon of grated cheese onto a non-stick cookie sheet or Silpat; pat gently into a 2-inch circle.
- 4Repeat with remaining cheese, allowing 1 - 2 inches between circles. Bake one cookie sheet at a time in the oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until bubbly and lightly golden.
- 5Cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute. Remove with a spatula and gently drape over inverted 1-3/4-inch muffin tins or press each one into the hollow of a clean empty egg carton.
- 6They may be made ahead of time and covered at room temperature.
- 7GOAT CHEESE MOUSSE:.
- 8Blend all ingredients together until smooth. This may be refrigerated up to 2 days before serving.
- 9To serve, carefully spoon the mousse into the parmesan baskets or fill a pastry bag with the mousse and pipe it into the baskets.
- 10Garnish with minced thyme.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Petite Parmesan Baskets With Goat Cheese Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.8
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g