Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Source: Eagle brand foods **Note: Dough needs to chill for 1 hour.**
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- In large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy; stir in flour.
- Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Divide dough into quarters.
- On floured surface, shape 1 quarter into a smooth ball.
- Divide into 12 balls.
- Place each ball in a 1 3/4-inch ungreased muffin cup; press evenly on bottom and up side of each cup.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, eggs and extracts; mix well.
- Stir in coconut.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool in pans; remove.
- Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature.
- VARIATION: Chocolate Macaroon Cups: Beat 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa into egg mixture; proceed as above.