When I came upon this recipe I was very happy. I always have leftover lasagna and most of it would get thrown out. Not anymore!! With only three in this family this is perfect for us.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef or 1⁄2 lb bulk mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms or 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese (lowfat is good!)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or dried)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 pre- cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add ground beef, onion, and bell pepper (if using).
- Cook and stir until browned; drain. Reduce heat to low; stir in mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and egg; mix well.
- Cut 1 of the lasagna noodles in half lengthwise.
- Spread 1/4 cup meat mixture in bottom of ungreased 9*5-inch (2 quart) loaf baking dish.
- Top with 1 1/2 lasagna noodles, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, 1/2 the remaining meat mixture and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers, starting with noodles and ending with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until thoroughtly heated and bubbly.