Recipe by DuChick
When you've got a hankering for yummy cinnamon rolls, but time and energy is running out, bake up a batch of these treats. You can use the reduced fat crescent rolls and Splenda to save some calories.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- For cinnamon rolls, unroll crescent dough into 1 large rectangle. Press perforations together with fingers to seal.
- Spread softened butter evenly over dough.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle this evenly over dough.
- Top with raisins, if desired.
- Starting at longest side, roll up jellyroll style. Press edges together to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 20 slices.
- Place slices, cut-side down, in greased 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- For glaze, stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.