Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
When you've got a hankering for yummy cinnamon rolls, but time and energy is running out, bake up a batch of these treats. You can use the reduced fat crescent rolls and Splenda to save some calories.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- For cinnamon rolls, unroll crescent dough into 1 large rectangle. Press perforations together with fingers to seal.
- Spread softened butter evenly over dough.
- In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle this evenly over dough.
- Top with raisins, if desired.
- Starting at longest side, roll up jellyroll style. Press edges together to seal.
- Cut crosswise into 20 slices.
- Place slices, cut-side down, in greased 8 inch round cake pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- For glaze, stir together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.
Very simple to make. I used chopped walnuts in the place of the raisins. These only took 15 minutes to bake instead 20 as stated. Made for PAC Spring 2010
Wow! I've been making this same recipe for years! So easy and fun to make. My family expects these for our Christmas brunch. Thanks!
These were so delicious! Quick and easy. Thanks for posting this recipe.