In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend (or 2 8.8 oz. packs ready to serve long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to package directions)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Lightly spray 8 (8 oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Remove the skin from the chicken and pull the meat off the bone.
- 4Use your fingers to shred the meat by pulling it apart in strips.
- 5Place the meat in a large mixing bowl.
- 6Add the rice.
- 7Heat the butter over medium heat in a small frying pan.
- 8Add the red onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 9Stir the onion and celery, artichoke hearts, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and curry powder into the chicken.
- 10Spoon into the prepared ramekins.
- 11Place all of the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Petite Chicken and Wild Rice Casseroles
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 348.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend