Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'Quick-Fix Southern' by Rebecca Lang
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend (or 2 8.8 oz. packs ready to serve long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to package directions)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray 8 (8 oz) ramekins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and pull the meat off the bone.
- Use your fingers to shred the meat by pulling it apart in strips.
- Place the meat in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rice.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a small frying pan.
- Add the red onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir the onion and celery, artichoke hearts, sour cream, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and curry powder into the chicken.
- Spoon into the prepared ramekins.
- Place all of the ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.